Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What's been happening...

Well my apologies for not posting a detailed update sooner but yesterday was the first day since the egg retrieval that I actually felt like a normal person... 

So here is a run down of the past week: Monday the 2nd we were in LR for the retrieval we arrived at 8:30 and I was given an IV and put under anesthesia and  about 45 minutes later I woke up!! They retrieved 16 eggs and out of those 11 were mature enough to be fertilized, out of the 11, three of them actually fertilized!! We we're so happy to hear this news! We headed home from LR and stopped in Conway for lunch, I'd only had a few pretzels after I came out of the anesthesia and I was starving, we stopped at McAlester's for lunch and I took half a pain pill to ease the ride home. We chatted a little on the way home and I dosed on and off a little. I'm not sure where I fell asleep but I remember I woke up as we were leaving Marshall, I remember they had stripped the road and it was so rough! I told Chance that I needed to go to the bathroom and to stop at the next station which was St Joe. We came up the mountain and my pain was getting worse, I was starting to feel nauseous and was getting dizzy. At the top of the mountain between Marshall and St Joe, right by the canoe rental place, just up from the smoke house, I made Chance pull over. I thought I was going to get out of the truck and puke... I remember getting out of the truck and leaning on the door the next thing I know Chance was standing over me yelling my name and slapping me (ever so gently) in the face. After I came to (as we were racing down the highway, going to find a hospital) and realized where I was and was was happening and started feeling better again, so I told him not to find a hospital but to stop at the next station. So we stopped in St Joe, went to the bathroom, got some water and cheese-it's and I contacted Sarah to see what might have caused my episode. She said, and the DR confirmed, that it was likely a sudden drop in blood pressure from all the medication. I felt terrible for scaring Chance like that... I apologized I think like 150 times on the way home! But all has been well since, I worked half a day Tuesday and then I worked Wednesday, it was much more painful than what they led on! 

We went back to LR on Thursday for a Day 3 transfer, Chance's parents went with us (Chance's dad offered to drive us home) we left about 6 am and got there about 9:45, we stopped for breakfast and to pee once! When we got there we were told that one embryo (which was 4 cells on day 2) had divided into 8 cells overnight, one embryo (which was 1 cell on day 2) split overnight and was now 2 cells, the third embryo was still sitting at one cell and had not divided. We were told that if it didn't divide it would have to be discarded because it wasn't developing. This was really hard news to hear... I remember Chance and I sitting in silence for a few minutes just processing the news, I cried a little and we prayed together thanking God for the two miracles we had, and to be with the slow developer after we had left. On the way home we stopped in Conway at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch, I love that place, they have the best boneless wings EVER!! Just sayin! We then stopped for ice cream at Baskin Robbins and I finally did something that I always wanted to try since my last name became Robbins... I asked for a discount!! It didn't work of course but it was fun none the less! Chance actually thought I wouldn't do it but I showed him... Actually he kinda dared me and I couldn't let him win!! Haha! Then we stopped in Leslie for some peaches (which were FANTASTIC by the way). Then we stopped at the smokehouse (across the road from where I passed out) and Lonnie bought bacon and ham, that place smelled AMAZING!! Then we headed home, I think I fell asleep somewhere between St Joe and Harrison, I woke up as we were leaving Green Forest and I had never been more happy to see my bed, it was 4:00 and I took a nap! I also took a nap on Saturday and Sunday! Naps are awesome! 

I finally received word this morning that our 3rd embryo never divided. We are heartbroken but at the same time so grateful for the 2 miracle babies I've got growing inside me!! Yes I said 2... we transferred our 2 embryos and they've been dividing and growing and attaching ever since last Thursday!! We are praying and believing and thanking God for everything he has done for us and given to us through this process! Thank you all for your prayers! I truly appreciate all your kind words, thoughts, phone calls and texts! The love you've shown us through this journey is amazing! Please keep the prayers coming, I'm still having some pain in my right rib cage area, not sure what's causing it and I've called the LR clinic to see of they have any insight, the nurse called me and recorded all my symptoms  but I never heard back from her with what the DR thought. We're less than a week away from my birthday 6 days to be exact and that means we are 6 days from the blood pregnancy test!! 

Here are a couple of pictures to leave you with, the first one is our babies (embryos) the second is where they slept before being put into my womb!! Have a wonderful blessed week my friends, We love you all! 

Chance and Ashley 



2 comments:

Ashley said...

Love this! Isn't it an amazing feeling to know that there's life growing inside you?? Congrats mama! (Also love that they gave you the petri dish- so cool!)

Mandy Babb said...

This is so amazing!!!!!!! I love the photos!! Praying hard for you guys. God knows the plans he has for you.