Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Injection update

Well our meds arrived about 11:30 Saturday night. The very nice courier was worried that he rang the wrong doorbell,I assured him he didn't, and signed for the meds! Anyway we started the meds Saturday night, Chance gave me my shot in the parking lot of Walgreens!! Ha! It was funny! Today I went to Willow Creek for blood work. The lab opens at 8am so I decided to stay at Memaw and Pawpaws house Monday night so I didn't have to leave home as early. Mom and I got there about 8:15 and I headed straight in to the lab, the lady gave me my work order sheet and sent me out to admissions... I finally was called back to the admissions window at 9:25... I was hoping to be back to work at 10:30 or 11:00 but no they took forever. When I finally got back to the lab it took her less than 5 minutes to draw my blood. On the way home I heard the song by Sawyer Brown They Don't Understand, I wanted to link the video into this post but I'm not quite sure how to do that yet. The song starts out about a mother riding on a bus and her kids are misbehaving, another passenger asks her why she doesn't make them mind and she says "please forgive them for they've been up all night... their father passed away in the middle of the night, so please forgive my children, they don't understand". It goes on to end with the verse about Jesus on the cross and asking the Father to "please forgive Your children, they dint understand" The song really makes you think... You don't know what a person is going through in their life and when your mad about something, or irritated because you're in a hurry and someone is not working at your pace, they might be struggling with something or maybe someone called in sick and they're having to do all the work for 2 people all by themselves. I felt kinda bad that I wasn't as nice to the lady as I could have been. I need help remembering that even though I'm going though something stressful, they could be going through something equally as stressful. Why make it harder on someone just because something didn't go your way, I struggle with this daily, it's something I continuously pray about and seek Gods guidance for. 

Ok so that was my profound moment for the day. When I got home I had an email from Sarah and she had the results from my blood work. Apparently I'm really good at making estrogen! She cut back my dose from 300 units to 225 and we will start an additional medication tomorrow night! It's all happening so fast! We are getting closer to our date and we're getting excited! I'm feeling fine, I don't feel any different from the meds so that's good! Thursday I'll go back for more labs and an ultra sound, Thursday is also the first day of our yard sale!! So come and buy some of our stuff! ;-) 

Until next time friends! Have a blessed evening! 

Ashley

No comments: