Monday, July 29, 2013

Uncomfortable

Fair warning this post probably contains too much info.... But I did it... I passed the HSG test!!! Go me! For those of you that are wondering it is the x-ray dye test to make sure my faliopan tubes are clear and nothing is blocking them, and I passed!! I'm just going to be perfectly honest... It sucked! It wasn't the fact that is was super painful, don't get me wrong it hurt, but it wasn't the worst pain I've ever experienced. The worst part was that they couldn't get through to shoot the dye. What I was told would be a 15 min procedure took 45 minutes, but they finally were able to get it. It was emotionally, physically, and mentally exausting. I kept trying to think of other things, the staff was super nice and the dr that they brought in was great. I was really glad when he was able to tell me the results and that the 45 minutes laying on the table was worth it because the results were good! I was only given 24 hour notice about the test I found out Thursday at 1:30 that I needed to be at the hospital at 1:30 Friday. I think in a way that was good because I didn't have time to phsyc myself up for it! Memaw went with me and sat in the waiting room, I was grateful that she went because it was nice to know that someone was there waiting for me. Chance would have gone but he had to work. After the appointment I hauled it back to Berryville and Chance and I hurried up to Branson for our youth leaders retreat. We planned out the next year in our youth ministry, it was a productive and awesome weekend. We have the best friends we could ever ask for and I'm so thankful and greatful that God has placed them in our lives. I'm telling you God knows what he's doing and the fact that we have these people to help us though this process is proof!

I've been on the birth control for 4 days now and I haven't noticed a huge change in my mood... Hopefully it will stay that way! We're looking at about 3 weeks on the birth control then we'll attend the IVF class with the nurse and start the injectable hormones. Hopefully I'll get some more info on a timeline... You know me, I'm a planner!!


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Great news! Congrats!