Wednesday, August 20, 2014

One year later...

With everything that is going on in our lives these days; the joy of feeling this life grow inside of me, planning the showers to celebrate him, gearing up for our Wednesday night classes that start in a couple of weeks, and of course cheering on the TOC team at church league softball; I almost forgot the journey we were on this time last year. We were preparing for our IVF cycle. Even now, a year later, I’m still emotional just thinking about the journey that has brought us to this moment. The heartbreaking journey with wounds so fresh and deep even the smallest of bumps can open them back up. We are healing and we are continuing to move forward, it’s not easy but it’s doable. Even with the miracle moving inside me right now there is still, and always will be, a special place in my heart for my angel babies that we never got to meet.

 

So just to keep things in perspective and prevent me from ever taking this miracle pregnancy for granted I decided to share over the next few weeks a memory of the journey that led us here. I’ll start by the post that started it all, last July I posted about our infertility diagnosis and the decision that we had made to start the IVF process. That was a very emotional post, for one I was sharing the intimate details of the diagnosis we’d received and I was doing it publicly, for the entire world to see if they chose to! It was nerve wracking to say the least. After that initial post we went through more testing and waiting and more waiting to start the IVF cycle. This week marks the week we started, August 24th2013. I’ll wait until then for the next post but I just wanted to say I hope you all follow with me as we journey down memory lane. These memories are heartbreaking but I now know that we were meant to take that journey, not only to make us stronger but make us appreciate what we have and certainly believe even more in the God we serve. Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, phone calls, and messages over the last year, they mean more to me than you all will ever know.

 

Love,

Ashley

No comments: