Saturday, August 30, 2014

One year later, Labor Day weekend

After the appointment Saturday the 31stwe got our timeline from Sarah, we would report to Little Rock Monday September 2nd, Labor Day. They don’t take holidays down there, to me that is dedication. We stayed Sunday night in Little Rock because we had to be at the clinic Monday morning at 8:30 am. There was a whole lot of extra praying that went on those 2 days. Monday morning for sure, it was only the second time in my life that I’d been put under anesthesia, the first time was when I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 18, needless to say I was nervous. Everything went well they were able to retrieve 16 eggs and 11 of them were mature enough to be fertilized. Out of the 11 only 3 actually fertilized, 2 divided normally and one did not, it never divided and thus they had to discard it. To this day, and I don’t know if I’ve ever told anyone this before, but I still wonder if we should have transferred all 3… that’s something that I’ll wonder forever. We did the transfer Thursday of that week it was the 5th. Everything went well and we left Little Rock with 2 growing embryos inside me. It would be a week and a half before we’d have the pregnancy test and we’d know if everything we had been through worked or not.

 


This weekend Chance and I have been taking it easy, we're visiting my memaw and pawpaw, the boys went to the farm and Memaw and I are getting pedicures! That's where I'm blogging from... The pedicure chair!! Tomorrow will be church and the leaders dedication, then Sunday afternoon we'll probably have lunch with Chances parents and Monday we have NO plans! That's just the way I like it! Have a great long weekend friends! 

 

Ashley

No comments: