Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers Day

Today is a day reserved to celebrate mothers. Mothers that are still here, mothers who have gone, mothers who are not yet mothers but will be very soon, and those women who have been like mother to us. Today we celebrated with a delicious lunch with my in laws prepared by my husband, ribs, loaded mashed potatoes, and beans, with cake for dessert! Then we did some yard work and prepped the garden for planting! It was a very productive day and we are both beat!! 

Today I wished all the mothers in my life a very happy day and I even got some well wishes too! I also had some time to think about how the women in my life have shaped who I've become. 

My mom, she's been through a lot and has preservered through it all, she's taught me to be strong and to stand up for myself. She's there for me when I need her and I know she'll be a fantastic grandma! 

Memaw, she's the woman I fear and respect most in this world. When I say fear the fear stems from disappointment, I've never wanted to do anything that might make her or my pawpaw think any less of me. As I've grown older our relationship has changed we've grown closer, she's great at listening and doesn't hold back her opinions, which can drive me crazy at times! But I love her and wouldn't trade her for anyone or anything! 

Martha, my moms twin sister, really it's like I had 2 moms that looked just alike! How many can say that? She's an awesome mom herself and I definitely am a better person because of her! 

Grandma Sallie, she's the nicest most caring woman I know. She finds the good in people and never stops praying for us! 

Denise, she's been in my life for almost 12 years now. We've been trough a lot over the last decade and I'm grateful for her, he makes my dad happy and is a wonderful mother and grandmother. 

And then there's Patty, my stepmom, she left us all much too soon and I miss her all the time. When I was 15 she passed away after a long battle with colon cancer. She never got to see me graduate or get married and she won't be here for the birth of my child. It's still hard but I know she's in a place that's amazing where she's no longer in pain and she can watch over us until the day we see each other again! 

Cindy, she's responsible for shaping Chance into the man he is today. The man I love and my husband. She definitely had her work cut out for her from what I've been told, but to her I'm  forever grateful, she raised a rambunctious little boy into an amazing man. 

Well those are my mom shoutouts all these women has had some sort of impact on my life and have helped to make me the person I am today. I love all of them so much and I'm sothankful for   each and every one of them, I just hope that I can be as amazing a mom as these women. 

Have a blessed Mother's Day friends and if you're able hug your mamas! 

Love 
Ashley 

No comments: