Monday, December 23, 2013

A new beginning...

As I sit here in my warm house, while the  snow is falling outside, I know that I am so blessed. But I still can't help that I feel sadness, a longing if you will, a void that seems to be missing in our lives. This was supposed to be the Christmas that we put a birth announcement on our Christmas cards, but for the second year in a row I didn't do Christmas cards. This was supposed to be the last Christmas of "just the two of us"... This was supposed to be the last year that we were a family of two, and there's still hope for that I know. As 2013 comes to a close and we look on to 2014 I can't wait to see what God has in store for us. 

Christmas is almost here and I had imagined this Christmas preparing for the spring arrival of our babies, but God had other plans, we're still not sure what those plans are just yet. 

2013 was a great year but at the same time it was a heart breaking, hard year. We came through it though, stronger and more grounded in our faith and in God than ever before. I don't know how I would have made it through this past year without my amazing husband, my awesome friends, and of course our Almighty God. I don't know how I'm still functioning on a daily basis but I know that my strength has to be coming from something greater than myself. My heart is still hurting but it's beginning to heal. 

Even though there were hard times this year we had good times too, we were able to do some inexpensive remodeling to the house.
 
We helped save more lives by raising more money for cancer research! 

We went on a mission trip to Pennsylvania, to put on a VBS!!

We had another great VBS at TOC!!
 
We conceived 2 babies who are now living in heaven with our Almighty Father. 

We helped to scare the pants off the kids at the scary hayride!! ;-) 

Chance and I celebrated 4 years of marriage!!

Even with all the heartache we had a great year. My best friend had her second daughter, my father in law is still cancer free, my pawpaw is still doing well living on dyalisis. We started our second year teaching the sr high class and one of our students accepted Jesus and was baptized, and one rededicated their life!! 

We are so incredibly blessed!! I'm so excited about 2014 and all that God has in store for us! Chance and I both have 10 year high school reunions in 2014. My dear friend Mandy will have her second child in early June. I'll be learning to take over as VBS director at church. We have a vacation planned to go back to Tennessee for our 5 year anniversary. And who knows maybe just maybe 2014 will be the year we become parents, it happened for Rachel, Hannah, Elisabeth, and Sarah it can happen for us too!! 

God bless all of you! Thank you for praying for us and helping us through this year! Here's to 2014 may it be a fantastic year for everyone! Merry Christmas friends and family, remember Jesus is the reason for this season. I'll leave you with some scripture from Luke 2: 

2:1-14 "And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Ceasar Augustus that all the world should taxed. (and this taxing was first made when Cyrenuis was governor of Syria) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house of David) To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. And so is was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her first born son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo the angel of The Lord came upon them, and the glory of The Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ The Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, laying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." 

Love, 
Ashley 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Looking forward to seeing God's plan unfold in your life in 2014!