Saturday, February 12, 2011

Proper Clothing

I wrote this a few days ago but due to some comptuter issues it had to wait to be posted until today! By the way case in point... Today while out I saw a young girl probably 13 or 14 wearing a t-shirt jogging shorts and Uggs... Just sayin, read on!
First off let me just say that I am not some up and coming Fashionista, yes I still have and wear the same shirt that I wore to my brothers graduation 3 years ago. I also still have and wear the same dress I wore to my friend Meagan’s wedding rehearsal in May of 2007.
But I will say that anytime I leave my house to go into public I make sure that my clothes are clean and my hair is decent. I also make sure I dress for the occasion and the time of year, IE: in the winter time you will NOT find me in shorts or flip flops.  I will wear short sleeve t shirts with the appropriate jacket, and the same goes for summer; I’m not going to wear my Uggs and turtle neck sweaters in July. So with that being said, I hardly see people wearing Uggs and turtlenecks in the summer time so why do they feel it necessary to wear shorts and flip flops in the dead of winter? During a snow storm…  I don’t understand. What goes through a person’s mind when they wake up and it is 17 degrees outside and they say to themselves “Hmm I think I’ll wear my flip flops today, won’t that be refreshing” Really?!?!  My toes freeze when I wear regular shoes in winter I can’t imagine what would happen if I actually exposed them to the elements. Now don’t get me wrong I am all for taking advantage of those “nice” winter days, you know the ones that allow you to leave the jacket at home and roll the windows down in the car! But just because it is 71 degrees on January 29th does not mean you can bust out the daisy dukes and tank tops, IT’S STILL JANUARY!!
Oh and I’m sorry if this offends any mothers that I know (it shouldn’t because none of the mothers I know would do this) but seriously if it is cold enough that you need a jacket then put a jacket on your kid! And cover their feet, I realize that babies don’t walk but they make baby socks for a reason. And just because it is summer time does not mean you can bring your baby to Wal-Mart in nothing but a diaper. I realize that some of people, if they could, would only come to Wal-Mart in their underwear and some come very close to achieving this but just because you want to be half naked doesn’t make it right to haul your baby around half naked! They make baby clothes for a reason, buy them and use them!  
I’m sure you all are wondering the reasoning behind my little rant, well when you see a man dressed in a t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes and you see someone with kid with no socks or shoes on, on a day when there is over a foot of snow on the ground… I think you might get on your soap box also!

No comments: