Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A reason, a season and a lifetime…

Remember the days when you had no responsibility, the most pressing thing you had to worry about was getting to the swings first at recess! When you think about it the many stages of our life gives us different worries.  As a child we worried about homework and getting to sit next our friends at lunch. When we hit adolescence we worried about what we were going to wear to school, getting to go to the football game and getting to sit next our friends at lunch. In high school we didn’t have to worry about sitting next to our friends, but we worried about getting a car, boys, and finding an after school job.  As we entered adulthood some of our friends were by our side, but we also made new friends and encountered new worries; paying rent, paying for college, relationships… the list goes on and on. One constant that was always there is “friends” what would you do without them? I have had many friends in my life and as I look back I am reminded of the saying “Some people come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime”. I’m sure we have all had these types of friends, the reason friends; the ones that were there for you in a time of need or transition period in your life and when that need was over you somehow drifted apart.  The season friends, I like to think of the great times I had in school with my friends and even though we have drifted apart I know that we will always be friends, but we have grown apart. Then we have the lifetime friends, you know the ones that are in your wedding and there for the birth of your children. You may have not known them all your life but they are your lifelong friends.  They know everything about you; they have grieved with you and cried with you, and you have done the same with them. Before I got married I had plenty of friends, some were for a season, for a reason and some are lifetime friends, I have also met new friends and I am looking forward to the many years to come with them! This is to all my friends I am so incredibly thankful for all of you and I know that God has had a hand in bringing us together!

No comments: