Sunday, January 5, 2014

Snow day Sunday

So those of you that know me know that I love to cook! Well last night we had the teens from our Wednesday night class over for a Christmas party. We had a "taco party" and I had a lot of left overs, meat, beans, cheese dip... etc! So since I'm stuck inside all day because of the snow, I decided to make up some stuff in the kitchen with all my leftovers, and since church was canceled because of the snow I guess I won't be taking it to fellowship tonight!

I wanted to make a 7 layer dip and a casserole but didn't have enough refried beans to make that happen. So what's a girl to do? Make my own, I took a can of pinto beans and dumped them into the ninja, if I'd known how runny they'd be I would have drained the can.


But it all worked out because I had some to mix it with. So my beans were made and started on my casserole, I used the crumbs in the bags of chips that were left over and crunched them into the bottom of the pan. Then I put in some beans and a meat and cheese mixture, I mixed my leftover cheese dip with the taco meat, that was a great idea! I know it looks nasty in the photo but it was really good, especially with sour cream and salsa on top! 

Then I sprinkled some cheese over the top and baked it for about 15 minutes. Here's the result: 

I also had enough to make a 7 layer dip... Minus the guacamole (sad). I layered the beans, meat/cheese mixture, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, tomatoes, and olives! It was quite yummy!! 


So there you have it, my creations! Just for kicks here's a pic of the snow! I don't know why we're all surprised... The persimmons predicted a snowy winter!! Happy Sunday friends! 

Ashley 



2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, those look so good! Now I'm hungry!

Unknown said...

Talk about make my mouth water while I read that! Now I'm gonna have to have a snack before bed, lol. I forgot to check the persimmons this year!