Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Mother.

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines a mother as "a female parent". That includes mothers, grandmothers, step-mothers, mothers-in-law, aunts, sisters, youth leaders, teachers, foster mothers, adoptive mothers, birth mothers, or any other woman who helps shape your life. You don't have to give birth to be a mother. 

With today being my first official Mother's Day I can't help but to remember years past, last year I was pregnant with our miracle but the years prior are not ones I care to remember. On my mind are all the women who long to be mothers, who in their hearts are already a mom. I've been there. To the woman who has lost a baby before you got to meet him or her, I'm praying for you today. To the woman who's IVF cycle failed, I'm praying for you today. To the woman who is struggling with infertility today, I'm praying for you. 

Being a mom is definitely a blessing but those feelings of loss are still there, I will never forget those feelings. If  you're struggling  today just know you're not alone. Just remember, a mother is a female parent, you can make a difference in someone's life. I spent too much time feeling sorry for myself when I could  have been helping others, or witnessing to someone. I was diagnosed with infertility, we have 2 babies who are with Jesus after losing them during IVF, we conceived our son naturally because our God is gracious. I am a mother because of our awesome God. Happy Mothers Day to you, every woman out there who is or longs to be a mother, we celebrate you today. 

Ashley 












No comments: